We strive to review information and complaints regularly in order to improve our services. Complaints and their outcomes are reviewed on an annual basis by management at YSSN. We follow the following complaint process to assist with this goal.
Process for Lodging Complaints:
- Complaints may be forwarded in writing, in-person, over the phone or electronically
- A complaint may be received by any employee of the agency
- Whenever possible, the complainant will be re-directed to the worker involved or their supervisor to resolve the issue informally.
- You will receive a response within 3 business days
Your Rights and Responsibilities:
- To have complaint procedures made available when you are involved in a formal complaint process that includes established time lines for responses
- To privacy of information for all parties involved
- To know that actions will not result in retaliation or barriers to services
- To have written notification regarding actions to be taken to address your complaint when you are involved in a formal complaint process
- To use an advocate
- To have conflict of interest issues addressed